Registrar General’s Services


Amendment/s to be made to birth, death or marriage record after one year of the event must be done by an affidavit.

Registration of names should be done within one year of the child’s birth.  After one year a late fee of $5.00 will be charged.  Names can be inserted by producing a baptismal certificate or an affidavit.

Insertion of father’s name can be done at the joint request of both parents within the first year of the child’s birth.  Parents must appear with their ID at the District office.  If the child is over one year both parents must swear an affidavit and come to the Registrar General’s Department with their ID to sign. If the Mother is deceased a relative on her side (Mother’s side) and the father must swear the affidavit.  Parent/s who are abroad can appoint someone (except the child) to sign on their behalf

To legitimate a birth an affidavit sworn to by both parents or any of the parents together with their (Parents) marriage certificate must be submitted.  The Parent/s swearing the affidavit must appear with their ID in the Registrar General’s Department to sign the Register.

All Affidavits sworn to abroad must be Notarized.




  • Amendment/s, Registration of names, Insertion of father’s name, To legitimate




Fees(Stamp Included)