Services of the Ministry of Health
The National Infectious Disease Control Unit
- Management of sexually transmitted infections
- HIV Testing and counseling
- Management of HIV infected persons, including provision of antiretroviral medication and medication for opportunistic infections
- Referrals to support services, like social services, ophthalmology
- Home care
- Free Condoms
- Ensure that continuous individualized nursing care is delivered to all clients.
- Ensure that staffing is optimum for the delivery of quality nursing care.
- Ensure that nursing staff procure the needed items for delivery of care.
- Develop and set standards for care, and personal performance which are up to date and relevant.
- Provide staff development sessions consistently.
- Conduct research in the area of nursing to improve and inform changes in the delivery of nursing care.
- Assist the Nursing School in providing support and supervision for nursing students when needed.
- Ensure that each staff member is given a job description, staff orders and any other relevant documents.
- Determine the budgetary requirements for the department.
- The Division is responsible for the provision of the following services throughout the public sector.
- Requisitioning, Storage, Distribution, Compounding and Dispensing of Drugs and Medical Supplies.
- Inventory management
- Counseling and drug information services.
- Inspection of premises of Pharmacies, Wholesalers, Distributors and Importers, Port of entry of Pharmaceuticals and any other area where Pharmaceuticals are sold or distributed. (Private and Public Sector)
- Enforcement of Laws and Regulation that governs the practice of Pharmacy and the conduct of pharmaceutical business throughout the tri-island state.
- The Division also plays a role in the education and training of Students in the Pharmacy Program of the T.A Marryshow Community College (TAMCC).
Health Promotion Division
- Assist with identifying national and local, health needs and respond with other agencies to address these needs, within the context of the national health agenda.
- Foster coordination and collaboration in the planning and delivery of health promotion and investment for health initiatives across sectors.
- Strengthen capacity of various sectors to develop health promotion policy and implement appropriate programs.
- Develop educational programs to enable individuals, communities and organizations to make informed decisions and undertake positive actions for health.
- Undertake research, documentation and dissemination to strengthen and update health promotion initiatives.
- Undertake advocacy for the incorporation of health promotion in all sectors.
- Promote intersectoral collaboration and alliance building.
- Influence and develop policies and structures to ensure healthy social and physical environments.
- Strengthen community actions through the empowerment of local communities and people.
- The day to day operation of the Electronic Health Information System (EHIS)
- The procurement, assignment and installation of IT equipment to support the EHIS
- Training of hospital staff on the use of the hardware and software associated with the EHIS
- Preparation of the National Strategic Plan for Health
- Development of Annual Corporation Plans
- Planning and design
- Tendering and preparation of contracts for small Projects
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and supervision of projects
- Responsible for project evaluation and reporting
- Liaison with funding agencies
- Assess the Human Resource needs and availability
- Development of the evidence base for health planning through routine MIS and research
Registrar Generals Division (Births, Marriages, Deaths
- Registration and Insertion of names
- To legitimate