The Administration Division of the Ministry of Health is lead by the Permanent Secretary who is the chief policy advisor and manager in leading, directing and motivating the entire ministerial team in the implementation of policy decisions and programs. This Division is comprised of a number of units which are headed by unit heads. The Permanent Secretary is however directly supported by the Senior Administrative Officer – Administration for the general administrative functions of the ministry and overseeing the operations of general support services such as registry and finance as well as providing policy advice as required. The Senior Administrative officer – Personnel have responsibility for the Human Resource unit. This office is responsible for directing, implementing and advising on all personnel issues of the Ministry.
To provide policy guidance and render administrative support services to enable the fulfillment of the ministry’s mission to provide quality and equitable health care to the people of Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
To become a team of creative motivated professionals that can add value to the development of a quality and sustainable health care system.
The Administration Division of the Ministry of Health has responsibility for:
- Policy Advice
- General Administrative Services
- Personnel Functions
- Financial Management/Procurement
- Secretarial Support Services
- Registry and Documentation
- Public Relations
- Logistical Support & Transportation Services
- To give strategic direction and leadership to strengthen the operational management of the Ministry.
- To direct, coordinate and lead the Ministry of Health to achieve its goals and objectives for the provision of quality and sustainable health care for all people in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
SERVICE DELIVERY RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Administration
- Secretarial Services
- Logistical & Transportation
The Administration Division is guided by the following:-
- The Grenada Constitution
- The Grenada Laws 1990
- Public Service Rules and Regulations
- The Public Service Staff Orders
- Public Finance Management Act 27/2007
- Travelling and Subsistence Allowance (Amendment) Regulations SRO. 14/2010
MANAGEMENT TEAM AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
Under the responsibility of the Permanent Secretary the Administration Division is responsible for the hosting of heads of divisions meetings made up of the heads of all the units within the ministry. The management team which is lead by the Minister comprises the core heads of divisions – Chief Medical Officer, Chief Planning Officer, Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Medical Services, Director of Hospital Services, Senior Administrative Office – Administration and Senior Administrative Officer Personnel.
The management is hierarchical from top management to middle level to supervisory level directly within the administrative unit.
Reference to the diagram below:-
Senior Administrative Officer - Administration
Senior Administrative Officer – Personnel
Administrative Officer – Personnel
Administrative Officer - Finance
Executive Officer – Finance
Finance Clerk II
Executive Officer – Registry
Class I – Clerk, Registry
Class II – Clerk, Registry
Office Attendants /PBX Operator
STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quality & timely advisory services
- Policy Proposals
- Cabinet Submissions
- Corporate Plan
- Performance Management System
- Effective Personnel Management
- Recruitment, Selection & Orientation (In accordance with PSC Rules & Regulation)
- Performance Appraisal
- Training Needs Assessment/Training
- Leave Management
- Personnel Records (Move to Personnel Information System)
- Maintenance of Registers
- Succession Planning
- Efficient Secretarial Support Services
- Receptionist Services
- Typing/Document preparation
- Organize meetings etc.
- Recording of meetings
- Management of correspondence
- Quality logistical support
- Coordination of meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences etc.
- Conference Room (Venue) & Catering booking
- Prepare & organise correspondence & documents
- Travel arrangements
- Effective Public Relations Services
- Educate and inform stakeholders of the Ministry’s Work (Image management)
- Communications document preparation - Prepare Newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, posters, cards etc.
- Efficient transport services
- Timely delivery & receipt of mails, supplies and material etc.
- Transportation Service
- Efficient & Effective strategic budgeting and financial management
- In collaboration with Planning Unit - Preparation of Strategic Budget
- Preparation of financial reports
- Expenditure management
- Accurate Record Keeping
- Timely payments
- Registry Record-keeping
- Filing/Recording (Document Management)
- Docket correspondence
- Mail Recording (In-coming & Out-Going)
- Keeping of various mail registers
- Purchase of supplies, materials and equipment in accordance with the Government procurement act.
- Control and management of supplies